Bridge with VLAN support issue

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
scegg

Bridge with VLAN support issue

Post by scegg » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:44 am

Hi. I have an issue on bridging with VLAN support.

Server: A new hub is created, without NAT, without local bridge. System is built on Windows Server.
Client A: A hub is created and linked to the server hub. Local bridge is created on a NIC. NIC is connected to a switch port with VLAN Trunk enabled. System is built on Raspberry Pi 3B+ with Raspbian system. Switch is a CISCO-2960.
Client B: A hub is created and linked to the same server hub with VLAN ID policy set in connection. Local bridge is created on a NIC (loopback driver on Windows). System is built on Realtek network interfaces (with VLAN ID visible in device manager) with Windows.

What I need: On client B, the NIC bridged should at the same lan as the client A connected with the VLAN ID specified in policy.
But actually it does not work at all.

When the switch port connect to client A is NOT set as VLAN Trunk, the VLAN ID policy is NOT set either, the connection works without any problem.

It should be something wrong on VLAN related settings only.

I need to use multiple clients with different VLAN. It’s necessary to use VLAN trunk on client A and server.

Any help?
Thanks.
Last edited by scegg on Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scegg

Re: Bridge with VLAN support issue

Post by scegg » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:16 am

I checked https://www.vpnusers.com/viewtopic.php?t=4878 but still have problem.

Now I created another virtual hub on server, using a user created in original hub with vlan policy set, cascaded to the original hub.
In the session list of the original hub, I can see the connection from the new hub listed with VLAN ID number.
In the session list of the new created hub, I can see the connection to the original hub listed with NO VLAN ID number.
In the MAC address list and IP address list of the new created hub, I CANNOT see any items from the original hub session.
When user connected to the new created hub, it still doesn't work.

One more question: In the MAC address list of the original hub, I can see lots of mac from the network of the client A attached, but no VLAN ID displayed. And in the IP address list, many IPs from the network of the client A attached are displayed too. Does that mean VLAN Tag is not transported from Client A?