VLAN-ID Problem

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Wubian

VLAN-ID Problem

Post by Wubian » Sun May 26, 2024 7:21 pm

Hello

I have problem with VLAN assignment with radius. here are the steps I've done:

In SE-Server side:
I've enabled both "AssignVlLanIdbyRadiusAttribute" and "DenyAllRadiusLoginWithNoVlanAssign" in virtual hub extended options.
I've add a user group "test" with VLan-ID = 13 group policy configuration.
I've add "*" user with radius authentication method. then add it to "test" user group

in Radius-Server side, I use RadiusDesk(radiusdesk uses freeradius as core) and:
I'v add "Tunnel-Private-Group-Id := 13" attribute to my profile.

now if I connect to SE-Server with a radius user I get this error:

Code: Select all

AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED
SIGUSR1[soft,auth-failure] received, process restarting
MANAGEMENT: >STATE:1716750824,RECONNECTING,auth-failure,,,,,
but if I disable "DenyAllRadiusLoginWithNoVlanAssign" in virtual hub extended options, I can connect normally without any problem which means there should be a problem with my radius configuration that it don't send VLAN-ID to Softether I think!

could this problem happened because of typo of this "Tunnel-Private-Group-ID" attribute? RadiusDesk don't have "Tunnel-Pvt-Group-ID" like what Softether mentioned in virtual hub extended options. and I can't find a vendor based attribute as exactly as "Tunnel-Pvt-Group-ID".

Could you please help me to find a solution for this problem?
I thank you so much in advanced
Regards.

Wubian

Re: VLAN-ID Problem

Post by Wubian » Mon May 27, 2024 9:57 am

Hi

please forget my first post. I found the problem is lack of my VLAN knowledge and misunderstanding it's principles. know radius send the vlan-id and softether can get it properly.

but now I have a new problem with adding VLAN-ID to a user or user group in softether. when I add vlan-id for example "20" to user "test", i get this error :

Code: Select all

AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED
SIGUSR1[soft,auth-failure] received, process restarting
MANAGEMENT: >STATE:1716750824,RECONNECTING,auth-failure,,,,,
I use simple password authentication and just by adding vlan-id to a user, that user can't connect and authenticate anymore.

could anybody help me to figure out the problem? am I missing something in configuration?
any suggestion appreciated.

Thank you in advanced.
Regards