I created the wrong password, now I can't connect to VPN settings

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
YilmazX

I created the wrong password, now I can't connect to VPN settings

Post by YilmazX » Sun Aug 04, 2024 9:06 am

I set a password for "Administrator Mode" in the first installation, but I realized I made a mistake while typing it. Since I could not enter the correct password, I could not connect to any settings in my subsequent attempts.

I uninstalled the installation and reinstalled it, deleted the files under Program files, and deleted the records titled "Softether" that I found in the registry.

I tried to install an older version to see if there might be a difference in older versions.

I could not solve the problem in any way.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

YilmazX

Re: I created the wrong password, now I can't connect to VPN settings

Post by YilmazX » Sun Aug 04, 2024 9:25 am

I thought I had researched the subject enough, but after asking my question, I found a link and understood what my problem was.

"This problem occurs when other application already using same port that use SoftEther. The solution is to remover terminate that application which is using port 443,992,1194,5555,8888"

In my previous uses, I used it by installing only Softether on a clean Windows. But this time, since I wanted to install it on a web server, I didn't think it would be a problem if the 443 port was used by the ISS.

I was able to connect when I used port 1194. Is there a problem if I use it this way?