Local Bridge Error - SoftEther Server Manager

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
EveNy

Local Bridge Error - SoftEther Server Manager

Post by EveNy » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:47 pm

Hi everyone,

I've got a server with a few IPs, and sometimes I can't connect to some of them. I've tried restarting both the VPN server and the main server, but I still can't reach certain IPs. I've looked through all the options in SoftEther Server Manager and noticed an issue with the local bridge. These are the IPs I'm having trouble with. Is there a way to fix this problem without having to restart the VPN server, the main server, or reinstall SoftEther?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,
Eve

solo

Re: Local Bridge Error - SoftEther Server Manager

Post by solo » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:40 pm

First check if the server's IPs always connect on SSH/RDP reliably. Then describe the "issue with the local bridge".

EveNy

Post by EveNy » Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:09 am

thank you, solo!

So, when there's no problem with my local bridge, I can connect to all those IPs using SSH without any issues. I haven't set up RDP for them, so I don't use that. I've got around 100 IPs on the server, and I connect to them randomly every day. They work perfectly until I come across error code 1. Whenever that happens, I usually just go ahead and reboot the server using the reboot command, and that seems to do the trick. I did some digging and found out that error code 1 pops up when there's something wrong with the local bridge. Right now, my go-to solution is to do a clean install of SoftEther, but honestly, that's eating up a lot of my time. I'm on the lookout for a way to fix this error without causing too much downtime. If downtime can't be avoided, then I'm hoping it can be kept to a minimum. If you've got any advice or ideas, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks a bunch!

Thanks!

solo

Post by solo » Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:54 am

Hi again, not a few but 100 IPs, interesting. Is the server on VPS, LAN or LAN/VM? If not VPS, have you forwarded SE port to it?

Please post as code:

Code: Select all

vpncmd localhost:port /server /password:*** /cmd BridgeDeviceList
vpncmd localhost:port /server /password:*** /cmd BridgeList
vpncmd localhost:port /server /password:*** /adminhub:@@@ /cmd StatusGet
vpncmd localhost:port /server /password:*** /adminhub:@@@ /cmd NatGet
//replace: 'port' with number; *** with SE admin password; @@@ with VPN hub's name

EveNy

Post by EveNy » Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:26 am

Thank you, solo!

The ips are on a vps. I am using ifconfigs to map them to the network. I disabled my firewall and used iptables instead.

Everything is working perfectly. I just don't know why every now and then, some of the ips would show an error in the local bridge.

Thank you!

vix

Post by vix » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:42 am

I am having a similar issue as I am running a commercial vpn service with softether and out of no where will have some ips not working due to local bridge errors.. reinstalling the server fixes the problem but that is not a great option since it disconnects my customers who are paying to use the vpn

Can anyone please help by offering a solution that won't require a reinstall? Thanks!

vix

Post by vix » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:45 am

And for context we are running softether on dedicated servers with 300+ ipv4 ips

solo

Post by solo » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:43 am

For business support contact SoftEther Corporation.