Help. An idea i have how to build a vpn network

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
steve612

Help. An idea i have how to build a vpn network

Post by steve612 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:52 pm

Hello, I hope i found you well, thanks for this amazing software.

Basically i have an idea and i am not sure how it can be implemented. I am not very good with networking but here is my thoughts.
We have many clients each on their own internet connection, running each one a server (windows). i dont want to state for which reason.
in our headquarters we have a client program which we monitor all servers. in order this to work we port forward some ports on each costumer router, which are the same for every server

my idea is, how we can make a vpn network between our office and all of our customers, to run a vpn server on our headquarters, and connect each of our customers as a softether client in order for us not to have to port forward on all of our clients?
and how we can program it so each of our customers server, must not be able to communicate with each other.
for example 2 cusomers a and b, both can communcate with our headquorters client pc, but a and b not to communication at all with each other.
also note we have around 200 customers that use this service.
Is this possible to implement?
please share your thoughts thanks a lot

solo

Re: Help. An idea i have how to build a vpn network

Post by solo » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:40 pm

Method 3. Set up VPN Bridge on Customer's Computer

https://www.softether.org/4-docs/2-howt ... Management

steve612

Post by steve612 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:43 pm

Thank you for your answer!
My question is, would a client computer on our headquortes that will be connected to like 300 remote servers at the same time using vpn could handle 300 open vpn connections from the client program? We are interested to be connected 24/7 to all of our clients like this and not to 1 at each time for example to check.

solo

Post by solo » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:33 pm

Yes, if they are on unique subnets, but it's unlikely of course.
Note that 300x connections =~ 300GB/m for your HQ's data usage.