SoftEther Client Router/Bridge Mode

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
JohnyDion

SoftEther Client Router/Bridge Mode

Post by JohnyDion » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:18 am

Hey Everyone !
Does anybody know what this option do?
Manual is not clear and whatever I have tried I couldn't see what this option do.
If someone knows please reply. An example will be nice if is possible.
Regards.

i have a SoftEther VPN Client on my router, so looks like i can benefit from it ! for example making LAN clients get assigned ip addresses from the Server LAN directly without doing a separate LAN and setting up Static routes

ardithhuber

Re: SoftEther Client Router/Bridge Mode

Post by ardithhuber » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:48 am

About the same here

solo

Re: SoftEther Client Router/Bridge Mode

Post by solo » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:24 pm

I suppose you refer to this info:
As a special usage method, it is going to be possible to bridge connection by layer 2 between VPN Client computer Virtual Network Adapter and existing physical network adapter connected to the computer. As for, the bridge function of the operating system is going to be use for this. With SoftEther 1.0, bridging between Virtual Hub and physical network adapter has been often accomplished by this method. With SoftEther VPN, however, because bridging could be accomplished easier and faster by local bridge connection function of VPN Server or VPN Bridge, this method ceased to be used frequently.

https://www.softether.org/4-docs/1-manu ... on_Details

Well, it is as it says - one can bridge SE client either conventional way on your OS, or better yet, use SE bridge with a cascade to a SE server. For example OpenVPN relies only on OS bridging but with SE I simply use SE VPN Bridge.