(SOLVED) Cannot establish VPN tunnel

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Don-Santo

(SOLVED) Cannot establish VPN tunnel

Post by Don-Santo » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:04 pm

Hey Guys!
We already using Soft Ether for some years but suddenly an error code 1 occured:
We have a new HUAWEI B535 - 232 router modem at a new client site with Windows 10 Pro.
With the Softether VPN Client software, we normally have been able to establish a VPN tunnel into the company via all routers.
But not in that case: CLIENT (HUAWEI B535 - 232 router modem) >>>>> Company (Soft Ether Server Software).

From other sites (other clients) VPN Access works, so Soft Ether Server is running.
What can we do? I think the Huawei B535 causes the problem?
best regards
Andy
Last edited by Don-Santo on Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

nobody12

Re: Cannot establish VPN tunnel

Post by nobody12 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:13 pm

Since this this a router for mobile network, my first guess is, the provider might be enforcing an (invisble) proxy which is not compatible or has restrictions which lead to problems. Do you have other routers using the same provider which work with Softether?
Have you tried to use a different router (no mobile network)?

Don-Santo

Re: Cannot establish VPN tunnel

Post by Don-Santo » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:03 pm

Thank you for your reply.
Tomorrow I will try to fix the problem by opening a port. Generally I think the provider cannot block the SSL protocoll because https would not work generally.
At that site I cannot try a cabel modem because the site is too exposed (outlying). Households in that small village have no cable connection to any telekom provider.

Don-Santo

Re: (SOLVED) Cannot establish VPN tunnel

Post by Don-Santo » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:06 am

We had a problem with the DHCP Server. Now we can establish the VPN tunnel!