IKEv2 does not work on macOS

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
qwerty21

IKEv2 does not work on macOS

Post by qwerty21 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:15 pm

Hello everyone,

connecting to my SoftEther VPN server with a Windows client with IKEv2 works great.

All other protocols like L2TP do not work for me, as some firewall is blocking it. Using Windows, you only need to enter your server, username and password. On macOS you need the server address, a "remote ID" and a "local ID", where the last one is not necessary. In "authentication settings" I can set my username and passwords. Some guides on the web told me to use the same hostname for the remote ID like the server address.
ike-v2-macos.png
Unfortunately, this does not work, error "the VPN server did not respond". I really do not know what to really enter as "remote ID". And do I need a "local ID"? Using Windows, I do not need any of this options.

Already tried using SSTP on macOS, but this is so extremly slow, so this is no real solution. Could somebody tells me, if there is any way to get IKEv2 get working on macOS? On Windows, it's the best protocol: fast and the firewall does not block it.

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

eddiewu

Re: IKEv2 does not work on macOS

Post by eddiewu » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:02 pm

This is interesting.
SoftEther does not support IKEv2. Please double check what protocol you are using in Windows.