Have LAN access within the VPN Server

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
diegohztt

Have LAN access within the VPN Server

Post by diegohztt » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:30 pm

Hello,

I've been quite hesitant about posting this here as i am quite stubborn to find the way to make things work on my own... but this time i just coudn't ... hahah anyways, i hope somebody can help me.

My setup is something like this:
In my school environment there is a LAN web platform which is heavily used and has files we need every day for research, etc, etc, but can only be accessed through this network, and is very internet restricted, so what i did was place a SoftEther site-to-site into one of the computer acting as a server and connects to my SoftEther instance running in my Raspberry Pi place which I can open ports to set up my webserver, printer server, etc, etc...

My current setup is

Private LAN VPN connects as a site-to-site to my Raspberry VPN Server

Users connects through my raspberry public ip and I serve the private lan routes through the dcph message and everything works out smoothly

The VPN works OK. I can connect and access files, URLs, network printers, but i need my raspberry pi to have acess to that LAN not only act as a VPN access point.

Any method I've tried results in my raspberry loosing internet connectivity or making impossible to access my remote VPN

diegohztt

Re: Have LAN access within the VPN Server

Post by diegohztt » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:14 pm

I kinda just made it work just for a bit but it suddenly stops working....

I have restricted server A (which only allows outbounds connections) and unrestricted server B (which has open ports and what not)

Server A makes a cascade connection to server B and I freely connect through server B and post routes to lan addresses through the dhcp in the secure nat dhcp

however, whenever I set up a local bridge I can no longer establish a cascade connection from A to B, though I can connect to server B with any other device.... I am suspecting it has something to do with dhcp....

can anybody give me some pointers on what am i doing wrong?