VPN Cluster Trouble

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
NewportLM

VPN Cluster Trouble

Post by NewportLM » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:23 pm

Hello,

When I connect to my cluster controller it successfully sends my connection to one of my cluster member servers. My issue is that it still says that I am still on my home network rather than routing my traffic through the vpn. Any ideas?

alphayxc

Re: VPN Cluster Trouble

Post by alphayxc » Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:03 pm

I have the same situation, can someone explain the reason, the controller and the second vps can be connected and identified normally, how to set up, should I enable secureNAT function? Should the virtual DHCP server function be enabled? Does the local bridge need to be set up? After the cluster mode is enabled, the local bridge is automatically offline, and the virtual hub can only be in dynamic mode and cannot be changed

solo

Post by solo » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:37 pm

alphayxc

Post by alphayxc » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:58 am

thanks for replying

I did not understand the answer in that link, I will explain the specific situation in detail below:

When I connect to my cluster controller it successfully sends my connection to one of my cluster member servers. My issue is that it still says that I am still on my home network rather than routing my traffic through the vpn.

When I log in, I can get the LAN ip assigned by the dhcp server, such as 192.168.30.10. At this time, ping192.168.30.1 can be connected, but this machine cannot access the Internet through the network of the server

The promiscuous mode of eth0 on the two servers is enabled

The controller and the second vps can be connected and identified normally,I can see the both server have been connected on control pannel. How to set up, should I enable secureNAT function? Should the virtual DHCP server function be enabled? Does the local bridge need to be set up? After the cluster mode is enabled, the local bridge is automatically offline, and the virtual hub can only be in dynamic mode and cannot be changed
click on the "View the running status of secureNAT" button
We'll find that [The kernel-mode NAT function is not active] and [Raw IP mode NAT function is not active]
What's the correct setting if I want to use the function of clustering?

In addition, the role of the cluster function is redundancy and disaster prevention, or that the bandwidth of multiple servers can be superimposed, for example, my home broadband is 1000mbps, but the server is only 30mbps, can the cluster composed of two servers be superimposed to 60mbps?

solo

Post by solo » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:30 pm

alphayxc wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:58 am
should I enable secureNAT function?
You could but only partially. Everything is exhaustively documented and already answered, eg...
3.9.11 Functions not Available Simultaneously with Clustering

When the clustering function is enabled, the following functions cannot be used at the same time.

Cascade Connections
(it is possible to receive a cascade connection from a separate computer)

Virtual NAT
(virtual DHCP Server function work)
https://www.softether.org/4-docs/1-manu ... Clustering