Use network subnet

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
jcg1

Use network subnet

Post by jcg1 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:08 pm

Hello,

I currently have SoftEther working on my network but I need to change the 192.168.30.1 subnet to 192.168.6.1 and make sure all devices use the same IPs as my existing network as some software we use isn't allowing access when users are working remotely on the VPN and the support company told me this could be the reason.

Is there any way to do this with SoftEther? Sorry, my knowledge is very limited so any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

jcg1

Re: Use network subnet

Post by jcg1 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:44 am

Please can anyone help with this? I'm really struggling to figure this out

ethanolson

Re: Use network subnet

Post by ethanolson » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:41 pm

Your 192.168.6.1 subnet needs to have a DHCP server running, which I assume it does. The DHCP server should share the DNS search domain and DNS servers.

Your VM network needs to allow 'promiscuous' mode if using VMware vSphere. I don't recall if this is doable in Hyper-V.

Disable SecureNAT in your SoftEther Virtual Hub.

Setup a Local Bridge for your hub (it's under Local Bridge Setting on the main panel, not found under Manage Virtual Hub). Select the Hub and the Ethernet adapter and create a local bridge. If you have VLAN tagging, then you have to work with the VLAN Trasparency Setting Tool.

It should work now.

I had to make security changes on the switches to allow multiple MAC addresses for that VM's NIC.