BuildAll.cmd and FastCopy

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
arataki

BuildAll.cmd and FastCopy

Post by arataki » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:14 am

Hi All,

First all, just want to acknowledge the original designers and coders for such a great product. I am learning so much more just working my way through the Next Level source code.

I am compiling from source (Visual Studio 2008 SP1) for Windows and running the "BuildAll.cmd" in the src directory. The build rocks along fine and builds the Windows client installer softether_open-vpnclient-v4.34-9744-beta-2020.09.02-windows-x86_x64-intel.exe and server softether_open-vpnserver_vpnbridge-v4.34-9744-beta-2020.09.02-windows-x86_x64-intel.exe packages no probs. Then fails on using/copying with FastCopy doing a CopyRelease.

The error message is as follows:
============================

ReleaseWin32 command - Builds Win32 installer package files.
1 / 2: Executing for 'softether_open-vpnserver_vpnbridge-windows-x86_x64-intel'...
2 / 2: Executing for 'softether_open-vpnclient-windows-x86_x64-intel'...
Waiting child processes...
1 / 2 (softether_open-vpnserver_vpnbridge-windows-x86_x64-intel):
Success
2 / 2 (softether_open-vpnclient-windows-x86_x64-intel):
Success

No Errors.
Executing 'D:\WindowsDev\SoftEther\Current\src\bin\BuildUtil.exe /CMD:CopyRelease'...
BuildUtil command - VPN Build Utility

Copyright (c) SoftEther VPN Project. All Rights Reserved.

CopyRelease command - Copies all release files.
softether_open-vpnclient-v4.34-9744-beta-2020.09.02-windows-x86_x64-intel.exe
softether_open-vpnserver_vpnbridge-v4.34-9744-beta-2020.09.02-windows-x86_x64-intel.exe
System.ApplicationException: FastCopy
at BuildUtil.BuildSoftware..ctor(String filename)
at BuildUtil.BuildUtilCommands.CopyRelease(ConsoleService c, String cmdName, String str)

BuildUtil: fatal error C0001: FastCopy
System.ApplicationException: Child process 'D:\WindowsDev\SoftEther\Current\src\bin\BuildUtil.exe' returned error code 1.
at BuildUtil.Win32BuildUtil.ExecCommand(String exe, String arg, Boolean shell_execute)
at BuildUtil.Win32BuildUtil.ExecCommand(String exe, String arg)
at BuildUtil.BuildUtilCommands.All(ConsoleService c, String cmdName, String str)

BuildUtil: fatal error C0001: Child process 'D:\WindowsDev\SoftEther\Current\src\bin\BuildUtil.exe' returned error code 1.

===============================================

I haven't quite got my head around this yet but wondering if anyone has any pointers here or experienced it before. I can't seem to find anywhere that FastCopy gets built. Have even tried using the open source package FastCopy and installing it but still no joy. I found the references in BuildUtilsCommands.cs for FastCopy but doesn't really give any indicator as to how it relates to the error. (If at all)

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

TIA
Steve.

arataki

Re: BuildAll.cmd and FastCopy

Post by arataki » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:43 pm

Actually, I have sorted now. I had downloaded a development version of code so there has been some changes in there not fully finished I guess.
I stepped back and downloaded the last "stable" version and started again it compiled and built without problem.

arataki

Re: BuildAll.cmd and FastCopy

Post by arataki » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:01 pm

p.s. Thankyou Daiyuu Nobori for moving your project to Open Source so that many others like me can enjoy and learn from your implementation. I am learning much more already and have only been delving into the code for the last few weeks.