My IP from my VPN is not what is being detected by Internet

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Softy39

My IP from my VPN is not what is being detected by Internet

Post by Softy39 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:37 am

I apologize for what sounds like a Newbe question, but when I have everything setup through a VPN for the purpose of protection and my IP address still is detecting as other than what shows on my ipconfig/all screen.

I am not trying to sound dumb, but my IP address has not changed regardless of being directed through a VPN I still have a regular old IP through the Internet regardless of what shows on the Internet my VPN address is pulling from the NAT and it goes through a screen telling me that it is getting an IP . The VPN IP is 169.###.###.### but it shows my regular IP from the Internet and I am wondering if there is a outbound setting that I need through the computer because my regular IP direct from the router is a 198 address, so I know it is working, I just don't see the 169. address connecting to the Internet.

I was wondering if you had any ideas is there a browser setting, that I need to change, like use a specific IP?

Snoopyandcharles

Re: My IP from my VPN is not what is being detected by Internet

Post by Snoopyandcharles » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:41 pm

169 is a self assigned.
On the VPN server are you using a bridge or secure nat?
are you using softehter client?
when you do ipconfig does the vpn nic get a default gateway?