Help with OpenVPN client for windows connection

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
rlcdo

Help with OpenVPN client for windows connection

Post by rlcdo » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:29 pm

Hi everyone!

I deployed Softether on the Windows 2019 server and tried to enable the connection via OpenVPN. I downloaded the sample file and configured the certificate and key in the openvpn_remote_access_l3.ovpn file. On the client machine, I installed OpenVPN Connect V3.1.3(713) beta for windows and imported the .ovpn file and managed to connect, but was unable to do anything. I can't ping the IP of the virtual hub and I can't make an RDP connection.

I can connect and use the VPN normally when we set up the VPN with the Windows 10 dialer or when I use the L2TP / IPSec PSK protocol on my smartphone. So, I guess it is necessary to configure other parameters in the .ovpn file for the correct connection using the OpenVPN client for Windows. Can someone help me?

openvpn_remote_access_l3.ovpn file looks like this:

Code: Select all

dev tun

proto udp

remote my_public_ip 1194

cipher AES-128-CBC
auth SHA1

resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
client
verb 3

auth-user-pass

<ca>
my_certificate
</ca>

<cert>
my_certificate
</cert>

<key>
my_key
</key>

I attached some images of the settings
virtual hub.jpg
routing table.jpg
route.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rlcdo

Re: Help with OpenVPN client for windows connection

Post by rlcdo » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:54 pm

Nobody has this problem with OpenVPN Client? I really need to get OpenVPN clint to work =(