Server Manager - OpenVPN and IPsec settings are greyed out

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
evilsibling

Server Manager - OpenVPN and IPsec settings are greyed out

Post by evilsibling » Thu May 02, 2019 3:09 am

I have just installed the SoftEther VPN server on Linux and have completed the initial setup of the server using the Server Manager for Windows. I configured it only as a Remote Access server.

But now I find that in the Server Manager the buttons to configure the Azure VPN, IPsec VPN, and OpenVPN are all greyed out, I can no longer configure them.

The buttons to configure Listener ports, Local Bridge, Dynbamic DNS, Layer 3 switch, Encryption and Network as well as the buttons to manage the virtual hubs are all still available, but the buttons to configure the Remote Access VPNs are not accessible.

I cannot figure out what I've done to cause this or how to make those options available again. Has anyone seen this and can anyone suggest a way to fix it?

sky59

Re: Server Manager - OpenVPN and IPsec settings are greyed out

Post by sky59 » Thu May 02, 2019 3:39 am

Forget them, they are useless

dvscomp

Post by dvscomp » Sun May 05, 2019 2:29 pm

have you enabled Cluster mode, as when Softether is set to cluster you can not user older VPN types

Jessica007

Post by Jessica007 » Mon May 06, 2019 8:56 pm

After installation I couldn't manage the Local Bridge and Encryption buttons, really don't understand why so...
But to tell the truth, IPsec VPN button is quite far away from being effective too. Despite the fact it wasn't greyed out
Maybe, I didn't install it correctly..but..it is as it is.
There was a time when I was using some other private network services from Mac App Store and Play Market but one I liked the most was VeePN service. They didn't have so many troubles with installation