iPhone bonjour (mDns) routing

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
truthz03

iPhone bonjour (mDns) routing

Post by truthz03 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:01 am

Hi

I'm new here and have a problem getting multicast messages from my iphone connected to the SoftEther vpn server

What I already have:
I have an vmware esxi server where I have two hosts running (1. Ubuntu 2. Mac OSX)

On the Mac I'm running XCode (IOS app development software). This software is able to connect to an iphone over network and than starts automatic ui tests. As far as I understand the XCode recognizes multicast (bonjour) messages from the iphone and than connects to the iphone via the iphone hostname.
In the local network everything works great but I want to have the possibility to connect an iphone over the internet (vpn)

On the Ubuntu host I have installed the SoftEther vpn server but I can also install it on the Mac OSX host or create a new windows host if needed

What I want to do:
I want to connect the iphone via vpn to the Ubuntu host and want that the Mac gets the multicast messages send from the iphone
If neccassary I can also connect the Mac to the vpn server to be on the same ip range as the iphone is

Is this possible and when yes how to get this working?

Thnaks

thisjun

Re: iPhone bonjour (mDns) routing

Post by thisjun » Tue May 21, 2019 6:15 am

Did you try to connect and there is a problem?