Client IP Didn't Changed

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
gengkai

Client IP Didn't Changed

Post by gengkai » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:53 am

Hello everyone.

Currently I am working on VPN project using Softether as the base for my Final Year Project. It provide IPv4 service as well as Ipv6 service. I have encountered problem where the client didn't change the IP address. I subscribe VPS service from Ramnode and my server(Windows Server 2008) is in Netherlands. I have tried to configured and enabled the Virtual NAT and it seems that the IP changed according to the default configuration but when I checked at my IP at whatismyip website, it shows my original IP and not the new IP. Is there any steps that I missed during configuration?

I hope that anyone could answer this question as my deadline for the project is near.

lun

Re: Client IP Didn't Changed

Post by lun » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:12 pm

Greeting, i had similar issue where the vpn is "seem" connected but the server dont update my client ip.
my solution is change the option in secure NAT: (1)default ip address,(2)default distributed ip address,(3)default gateway adreess,(4)default dns server address to something else.
****default should be 192.168.20.X , so i change to something else like 192.168.2.X****
after changing,the server immediately issue and update my client ip and running whatmyip or speedtest will yield remote server ip. :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gengkai

Post by gengkai » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:23 pm

Greetings.

Thanks for the reply. I will configure it back according to your steps and let you know after the configurations.

gengkai

Post by gengkai » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:20 am

Thanks lun !

It works pretty well. The server updated my client's IP address. I run the speedtest and whatsmyip just to make sure that the server really change the client's IP address. And the IP changed!

You're really help me a lot. Thanks again lun :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.