source code compile

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
colapig

source code compile

Post by colapig » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:03 am

I would like to know are there any documents that can help me to understanding how to edit the Source code and recompile it? I need a source code structure guide or something that can help.

BoredAus

Re: source code compile

Post by BoredAus » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:46 pm

You basically need to go read programming languages. As far as I am aware of, SoftEther VPN is mainly C/C++ so you basically need to read books on C/C++ programming.

The structures may differ from programmer to programmer (or programmers) however, usually there is a set of strict rules for virtually every programming language that a programmer has to abide by which in turn may make revealing the structure of the source code for a program simpler.

colapig

Post by colapig » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:29 am

Yes, I know c++ is the necessary . I just want some documents that can help me understanding the file structure. and how it works, I modified the code and recompiled the program, it generated a pencore.dll file. It take me many times to find out how to use this file.

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:21 am

PenCore.dll is a GUI resource file. This file doesn't include any compiled code.
If you want to edit it, use the resource editor in VisualStudio.