Manage Access List, Web Traffic and rule questions.

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
sdevries.otn

Manage Access List, Web Traffic and rule questions.

Post by sdevries.otn » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:35 pm

I am currently working on setting up a VPN group for RDP users. I am setting it up as a white list style filter, my last two rules will discard all to, or from, the group. Then I pass only what is actually wanted/needed for RDP/internet. I have some questions though.

Can you specify multiple protocol numbers for a single rule? (EX: TCP and UDP, but not "any" / all.)
Can you specifiy multiple port(s) / ranges for a single rule? (EX: 500, 5555-5575)
(Currently, I do not think either can be done, but they would be nice features. It would cut the number of rules I have in half, and make it easier to manage them.)

Is there a simple way to pass web traffic to / from the internet?
My last two rules were, correctly so, discarding all web traffic. I'd like to open that up for VPN users. Currently, I am passing from <group> to any TCP ports 80, 8080, 443. Should I limit Destination to 0.0.0.0? Or open any other ports?

thisjun

Re: Manage Access List, Web Traffic and rule questions.

Post by thisjun » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:43 am

> Is there a simple way to pass web traffic to / from the internet?
It depends on your definition of Internet.

sdevries.otn

Post by sdevries.otn » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:40 pm

By internet, I mean destinations outside of our personal network/subnet. (We do not have multiple sites, so no "WAN").

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:55 am

Please allow all packets from/to port 80 and 443. You don't need to limit IP address.