Local FTP > Remote Softether server <Inbound port forwarding

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
lowtech

Local FTP > Remote Softether server <Inbound port forwarding

Post by lowtech » Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:25 pm

Hello everyone.

I have installed SEVPN for a first time, it is a remote linux VPS. I'm connecting with my laptop, everything works fine.

Questions:

1. I have an FTP server up and listening for connections. I would like to forward listening ports to my remote SE server, so people from internet can connect to myvpnserver.com:21 (or other port) and get / put files on my laptop network. Is this possible? I've tried to read everywhere.

2. I see VoIP / QoS function is disabled once I connected to vpn, but the only one related function "Disable Voice" is not checked. How to enable QoS / voice?

Thank you

Alex

solo

Re: Local FTP > Remote Softether server <Inbound port forwarding

Post by solo » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:35 pm

If you have not replaced SecureNAT with Linux equivalents, they can connect to your FTP at 192.168.30.10:21 already.
Don't "deny" VoIP/QoS on the server.

lowtech

Post by lowtech » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:43 am

Thank you, Solo, for clarification, however:

1. original installation on centos, securenat works.
2. I need clients to connect to my public IP (IP of my SE vpn server) and get ftp port forwrded to me (local computer). I tried to connect externally, but it seems it fetches a SEVPN server's ftp client, not my computer, for ftp.
3. Voice / NOT disabled on server management, BUT it is disabled when i see connection properties.

Please help me to resolve the issue. I was reading half night yesterday, and have not found anything about the issue, which is port forwarding from SE server public address to my local computer connected to same endpoint

Thank you
Alex

solo

Post by solo » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:09 am

lowtech

Post by lowtech » Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:53 am

thank you Solo, i will try, however I'm not into Linux much