Specifying Virtual Hub Name

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
valant98

Specifying Virtual Hub Name

Post by valant98 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:57 pm

Hello everyone,
I am working on a project with a device(Linux OS) that runs OpenVPN client and connects on a virtual hub of SoftEther server.
I have got no problem so far. The device is connected in the server and receives an IP from Secure NAT.

The problem appears when i want a second device with OpenVPN client to connect to the same server but on a different virtual hub.
Now, both virtual hubs have different users but only the first one can make a connection.

I figured out that i need to specify the virtual hub name with a "@" but my device doesn't allow special characters in its software.
Is there a solution to my problem, alternative to specifying the virtual hub name with "@"?

valant98

Re: Specifying Virtual Hub Name

Post by valant98 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:18 pm

shakibamoshiri

Post by shakibamoshiri » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:20 am

valant98 wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:57 pm
I figured out that i need to specify the virtual hub name with a "@" but my device doesn't allow special characters in its software.
Is there a solution to my problem, alternative to specifying the virtual hub name with "@"?
I do not think so could be possible to access non-default HUBs without using the "@".
I know we can have OpenVPN userless,passwordless with certificate since I have tested with "pivpn.io" but am not sure can we do this with SoftEther OpenVPN configuration or no!
Thus if you did not get proper answer for this question you asked, you may better ask a new question e.g:
- can SoftEther VPN handle OpenVPN userless, password less connection like what pivpn.io does ?
something like this.

valant98

Post by valant98 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:10 am

Thanks for the reply.
I was able to find a solution to my problem and the only way was to use "@" to specify the virtual hub.
That was only possible by connecting to my linux device with SSH and configuring its openvpn file.

solo

Post by solo » Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:16 pm

If there are two or more Virtual HUBs on the VPN Server, you have to specify the username as:
"Username@Virtual-HUB-Name"
or:
"Virtual-HUB-Name\Username"
v4.38-9760\src\bin\hamcore\openvpn_readme.txt

Belkin

Post by Belkin » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:55 pm

Hello all. The same question, but what to do if we have 2 or more hubs and openvpn certificate authentication? Need to authenticate user to the alternative hub by tls certificate. Will this mission possible?