Manual settings example

Post your questions about VPN Gate Academic Experiment Service here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
ray5450

Manual settings example

Post by ray5450 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:12 am

I am requesting to know what manual settings, under "New VPN Connection", to use for this host (and others similar):

vpn722814351.opengw.net

I tried to follow the settings for another host name, below, that worked, but something is not the same as it does not connect.

host: public-vpn-185.opengw.net/tcp
port: 443
vhub: VPNGATE
user: vpn
pass: vpn

Thank-you.

ray5450

Re: Manual settings example

Post by ray5450 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:55 pm

If I use these settings as manual setting, it will not connect:

host: vpn722814351.opengw.net/tcp
port: 443
vhub: VPNGATE
user: vpn
pass: vpn

If I connect to the same using the relay server plugin list, it connects. Properties of which, show the same above settings except for user and pass, where it shows "Anonymous Authentication", but I changed the manual setting to "Anonymous Authentication" and it still will not connect. Is it some small thing I am missing?

ray5450

Re: Manual settings example

Post by ray5450 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:36 am

Question:

If I make a connection using a server on the relay server plugin list (which is not listed on https://www.vpngate.net/en/), which connects successfully, and then I open Properties, and then set up a separate manual connection using the specifications exactly as shown in said Properties, the manual connection will not connect.

If I make a connection using a server on the relay server plugin list, which is also listed on https://www.vpngate.net/en/, and which connects successfully using relay server plugin, if I enter for a manual connection the exact same settings as the plugin server connection shown it its Properties, the manual connect will not connect.

Why is this?

(Purpose of doing so, is in order to use the "No adjustments to routing table" option.)