VPN Possibly Changed Internet Settings, Can't Access Certain Sites

Post your questions about VPN Gate Academic Experiment Service here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Haxr

VPN Possibly Changed Internet Settings, Can't Access Certain Sites

Post by Haxr » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:41 pm

Hello,

I have happily been using this great software, thank you for creating it and maintaining. However, lately I've been having issues.

It seems that SoftEther may be restricting certain websites such as Disney + and even Netflix shows I usually get, some are not available (perhaps it thinks I am in a different country). When I switch to my cell data for both mobile phone and testing my Roku on my TV using hot spot, it goes back to normal accessing all content.

I have troubleshooted with my local internet provider for many hours and they finally concluded that it was likely the software that may have permanently changed settings on my devices. I uninstalled SoftEther and manually removed some files (maybe not all, didn't go into registry) and I factory reset my modem.

Is there a way that this VPN has caused the changes and if so, can anyone please help me to remove any remaining traces of this VPN or help in any other way? Thank you!

Afakename

Re: VPN Possibly Changed Internet Settings, Can't Access Certain Sites

Post by Afakename » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:25 am

On your PC,

1. Connect to the VPN
2. Run the command
tracert disney.com
3. Disconnect the VPN
4. Run the command
tracert disney.com
5. Post the results from 2 and 4