Few Questions about VPNgate

Post your questions about VPN Gate Academic Experiment Service here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
mozartAWE

Few Questions about VPNgate

Post by mozartAWE » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:43 am

Hello,I have some questions about vpn gates´s interface and security:

Vpn gate´s interface contains an list of relay servers where we have 10 columns.
One of that columns is SSL-VPN,which have some numeric ports,for example: "TCP: 1284".

1-What SSL-VPN column does?Only relay servers with SSL-VPN ports support have encryption?

2-What is the level of encrytion that relay servers provide when we are conected to them?

Thank you!

eastavin

Re: Few Questions about VPNgate

Post by eastavin » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:28 pm

1-SSL-VPN column shows you the address:port you need to plug into your client. Click on the guide to ssl-vpn in the same column and read up for a complete description.

2-That is a good question. I would assume that you are not getting any more or less than rd4-md5 encryption as the product is built with VPN gate server. That is the minimum level I have seen on other Softether services like Azure. Honestly I have not seen documentation to confirm the vpngate encryption level, but I have seen the log files after using Azure which is the same tool configured differently. If you do find the documentation please share.