Websites still censored under different IP on Open VPN

Post your questions about VPN Gate Academic Experiment Service here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
iapple133

Websites still censored under different IP on Open VPN

Post by iapple133 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:39 am

I am trying to access youku.com , baidu.com for example from Australia. Both sites are blocked by my ISP. in fact any website hosted in china is blocked and inaccessible. I am using iPad and Mac OS X so I have to use open VPN. For many OPEN VPN's found on vpngate, I am able to connect to, my IP address appears differently. But why are the same sites still blocked. I have tried hundreds or open VPN's found here and none allow me to access any of the blocked sites. I know these sites are up and running because using an open VPN found else where, unblocks them for me. Optus Internet heavily filters my Internet. I need help. Is my ISP able to censor open VPN browsing because there is no password in order to connect to them, atleast the ones found on this site?

kh_tsang

Re: Websites still censored under different IP on Open VPN

Post by kh_tsang » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:56 pm

Perhaps your computer is sending packets that may be filtered by the China firewall. Any TCP connections will be scanned and connections will be broken if it fails to meet the requirements of China.

For example, if you type some words like 六四 on search engines in China or on any websites, you will see a server reset signal. However, it is not sent from the server but the Great Firewall of China.