Basic VPN Setup on Win7

This is idle-talk forum. Write your greeting here. Feel free to discuss here for anything.
tokoro

Basic VPN Setup on Win7

Post by tokoro » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:54 am

I am in Thailand and connected to the Net using WiFi to connect to my building's ISP. The reason I sought out a VPN is that many things are blocked or not available in Thailand, like LAST.FM and various Youtube videos my friends send me. I also want greater security when I access this type of shared connection or connections in public places, cafes, the airport, etc.

I have downloaded and installed VPN, and the icon is in the tray. I open it up, selecting "new vpn connection setting".

What do I do next? I have no idea what to fill in, the TCP is set to 43, everything else, is a mystery.

I have no idea how to continue, even after looking through the manual.

Any ideas on how I should proceed would be much appreciated?

Can anyone give me an idea about what to do next?

tokoro

Re: Basic VPN Setup on Win7

Post by tokoro » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:22 am

Re: my previous post: problems solved.

Writing out and posting my problem(s) helped.

I went back and scrolled down on the "connecting" page and everything went well.

I am now listening to my LAST.FM radio station via a VPN server in the USA whereas a few minutes ago, it was inaccessible from here in my room in Thailand.

I am happy! Thanks to everyone in the SoftEther VPN crowd in Tsukuba U.

claudeh5

Post by claudeh5 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:50 pm

Yes, I have (but in french !) a 13 pages pdf with the screens for a vpn like the public softether vpn servers and the vpn client.

If you are interessed, send me a message.

kh_tsang

Post by kh_tsang » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:33 pm

Try to use UDP instead of TCP by filling in wrong TCP port.