IKEv2 VPN?

This is idle-talk forum. Write your greeting here. Feel free to discuss here for anything.
tparvu

IKEv2 VPN?

Post by tparvu » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:25 pm

Hello,

I recently discovered this project and I look forward to learning more about it. I had a question about the IKEv2 IPsec VPN protocol.

First of all, is there an official name for this? I have seen the Microsoft version called “Agile VPN”, “Microsoft VPN Reconnect”, and simply “IKEv2″. Cisco dubs their IOS implementation of an IKEv2 VPN “Flex VPN”. Juniper calls it IPsec VPN. As far as I can tell, anyway.

I understand that IKEv2 is an update to the SA process from IKE but I don't understand what the VPN protocol is or where it is defined?

As far as I can tell it combines IKEv2, MOBIKE, and IPSec. Does SoftEther support this? What is it called? What exactly is this protocol?

thanks,

--Ted

tparvu

Re: IKEv2 VPN?

Post by tparvu » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:37 pm

Hello,

I came back here to check and see if anyone has replied to my post yet. Nope. :(

I tried my best to untangle this "protocol". If you get a chance could you check out my article and see if you can find any factual errors. In particular the last section on IKEv2 VPN.

https://www.bestvpnz.com/comparison-of- ... p-openvpn/

thanks in advance,

--Ted