SoftEther Bridge application on RaspberryPi SBC

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
itskv

SoftEther Bridge application on RaspberryPi SBC

Post by itskv » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:43 am

Hello there,

After too much practice on RaspbianForDesktop over virtual machine (windows 10 being host machine), I am trying to install SEBridge application on RaspberryPi itself.
But, I am not getting success installing it.
1. I tried installing 'tar.gz' file provided officially.
2. I tried compiling official source code.
3. I tried using git repo.
4. I followed steps given on official website to install SE on Linux

But nothing worked.

Anyone succeeded installing SEBridge on RaspberryPi,??? Any step-by step procedure??
Please help

sky59

Re: SoftEther Bridge application on RaspberryPi SBC

Post by sky59 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:18 am

Yes, I did

Though I used OrangePiZero it is the same as Raspberry Pi B2 (not sure) but it is Raspberry with CortexA7

Search my posts (incduding unsuccessfull ones)

You should write what exactly you tried, what you write is no information at all...

For instance, how you want to install tar.gz?

itskv

Post by itskv » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:50 am

for tar.gz, I extracted it first, then I tried install.sh. Failed.
for sourcecode, I tried 'make' . Failed.
Same happened with steps given on official site.

However, I will give exact error messages terminal, if you ask.

sky59

Post by sky59 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:43 am

No, no need error codes....

I can only say you tried too litlle...

Did you try crosscompilation or normal one? Did you have installed all packages neccessary? Like apt-get install blablabla a lot of are needed

Simply: do you have correct environment?

I made crosscompile and it took me 14 days 10 hrs a day to get a result. The most difficult was to change libiconv library as source uses only iconv

then I needed a lot of *.so libraries to provide for crosscomplitation...

if you gave up after 5 seconds to try the only thing is I can give you executable files for CortexA7 + hamcore.se2 file.

You must try harder. Linux is for people who have a lot lot of free time. This is the price for the fact thyt you can run in on almost every processor.

itskv

Post by itskv » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:16 am

yes, I installed each and every dependencies (asked on website and asked by terminal on every failed attempt). The list was of about 12-15 nos.
I don't know anything about coding part. So, can't make modifications in script files according to needs.

A detailed help will be appreciated.

However, I am thinking to move on UbuntuMate flavor. This might ease installation. Whats say?

sky59

Post by sky59 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:36 am

Ok, try to provide log from compilations, but not the whole, just the end where first error occured

what is Ubuntumate flavor?

I can not make it run on Ubuntu on PC because of VLAN ID missing

itskv

Post by itskv » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:53 am

I will provide logs.
UbuntuMate is another UBUNTU based Linux distro optimized for SBCs

cmd wh0ami

Post by cmd wh0ami » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:01 pm

I personally like using CentOS 7 on Raspberry Pi... But the only thing I run on it is the VPN server. I'm in the process of writing a tutorial on how to set it up in a Wiki on my GitHub. I've made it to the point where you would use SoftEther Server Manager from a Windows PC to set up the server settings but I need to take screen shots for that so I haven't finished it 100%. If you already know how to finish setting up the VPN server using SoftEther's Server Manager you could use my instructions.

https://github.com/cmdwhoami/whoami_vpn ... PN-Server.

When you set up the VPN Server with SE Server Manager select "remote access VPN"... Then once you disable Azure, L2TP, MS-SSTP ect... and set up your Virtual Hub and User... select Local Bridge setting and bridge your Virtual Hub to eth0. Your router will handle all the DHCP and if you have native IPv6 you will be able to tunnel dual stack. (DO NOT enable SecureNAT in Virtual Hub settings).

The Orange Pi and the Raspberry Pi don't use the same operating system images. There are a lot more options for the Raspberry Pi, but in time I'm sure there will be a lot more development on images for the Orange Pi.
VPN Discord invite: https://discord.gg/QByKXA9

sky59

Post by sky59 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:50 pm

for OPiZ I use OpenWrt ChaosCalmer 15.05.1 downloaded from SUNXI factory page. Just one small problem WIFI changes MAC every power on, but this can be solved.

the executable files for SE are the same as for RPi, but for versions with CortexA7. for me there is already chaos with RPi-s and their millions of different versions.

I like OPiZ because it has got USB, LAN, WIFI and plastic case. It is the smallest beast I know with this performance.

I prefer to have one linux for device that works perfect, no need to have many and not to know perfectly neither of them.

For OPiZ I use OpenWRT and DietPi, no more linux needed - I can do everything with these.

itskv

Post by itskv » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:57 am

Thank you all,

Installed SEBridge on RPI successfully. Working perfectly.
Some dependencies were missing.

Thanks.