No internet connection, but it does connect.

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
hackeristi

No internet connection, but it does connect.

Post by hackeristi » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:39 pm

Method: L2TP
64bit. Running in a VM environment.

It is a very interesting scenario. Sometimes it works sometimes it does not. I can connect to the VPN but no internet access using the Windows Native client. Is there something that needs to be checked?

I have tried it using the SoftEther client, it works. Why would this occur? I really enjoy this platform. Do I need to change my OS? That is my Next Step.

hackeristi

Re: No internet connection, but it does connect.

Post by hackeristi » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:21 am

Any input on this? Anyone?

jvanegmond

Post by jvanegmond » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:04 am

Try to run a wireshark trace on both ends and see if the packets which you expect are actually arriving.

Alternatively, check if you are getting the correct IP configuration, like gateway and dns settings.

I've previously had problems with overzealous ISPs which detect the L2TP connection using deep packet inspection firewalls and blocked the connection. As the SoftEther protocol is less used, I would think that the deep packet inspection firewall does not understand this and passes through the traffic.

Kind regards,
jvanegmond

itskv

Post by itskv » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:11 am

I am not so pro in CS or IT. But, as per my knowledge, ur windows client is not getting proper DNS server address or default gateway IP.
check whether they are ok or not...