Security layer encountered a processing error during initia

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
bluezap

Security layer encountered a processing error during initia

Post by bluezap » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:14 pm

I am trying to connect to the VPN server, I can connect with the SoftEther Client perfectly however when I try and connect to the L2TP vpn on my laptop to my server it won't work, giving the following error message -The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a processing error during initial negotiations with the remote computer.

Any help as to why I cant connect would be appreciated.

bluezap

Re: Security layer encountered a processing error during ini

Post by bluezap » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:15 pm

FYI: I'm using Windows 10

Pandora-Box

Post by Pandora-Box » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:47 pm

Hi bluezap,
I was getting the same error message when I was running softether server with L2TP module enabled and softether client on the same box.
Softether server with L2TP module enabled automatically disables IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules services which are necessary for L2TP client to function and connect.
If this is the case you will have to disable L2TP module on the server, or stop softether server services while using L2TP client.
Check this post, and the last two responses, especially thisjun's response:
http://forum.softether.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3712
I hope this might help you
P-B

bluezap

Post by bluezap » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:55 pm

I think you misunderstood. I'm just trying to connect to a VPN server provided by VPNgate. I'm not trying to run my own server. I can connect to any of their servers with the client. But when I manually try to connect, I get the error above.

Pandora-Box

Post by Pandora-Box » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:23 pm

OK, I hope I understand it now. I am facing the same situation.
No problems connecting to vpngate relay servers using server list (publishing around 100 relay servers), but when trying to setup connection manually, I am not able to connect to any of them. It seems like more users encounter this issue. I think it might have something to do with vpngate relay servers and services, despite that vpngate server list webpage states if you cannot connect using ddns list, to use IP address, but this does not work at all.
So far, I have not found any answer how to remedy this problem.
P-B

bluezap

Post by bluezap » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:26 am

I hope they fix this issue. This project has so much potential if this is fixed.