Play in LAN

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
DarkKnight2107

Play in LAN

Post by DarkKnight2107 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:43 pm

Good evening, me and my friends play games in lan with software. All the software I know is closed. So I try to use VPN to create a connection between my friends and me and play in lan.
I do not think I'm doing it right. I made a server today, I downloaded the client and I made it download to a friend to test. He can connect to my VPN and join me in LAN but he is no longer connected to his network and can not go on the Internet and talk to me.
Maybe I have configured the server incorrectly or it may be that there is a manipulation to be done to be connected to the VPN while being on its own network to have Internet.

That's it, thank you in advance to those who will try to help me.

Good night.

raafat

Re: Play in LAN

Post by raafat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:41 pm

If your friend's Internet connection disconnects as soon as he connects to your network, then you are supplying him wrong IP settings. But I can't recommend a solution before knowing your current setup. So may you post more details regarding your current setup and if you can make a diagram would be much better.

Good luck