"SoftEther VPN Server supports only password authentication for the OpenVPN protocol."

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
digitalperformer

"SoftEther VPN Server supports only password authentication for the OpenVPN protocol."

Post by digitalperformer » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:06 am

Is it me... or is SoftEther advertised as a capable OPENVPN server??? No where in their literature do they mention that their OpenVpn implementation is limited to password authentication. For three days, I've been pulling my hair out with signing certificates to use with SoftEther, and my OpenVpn client. I can't believe this bullsh*t.

Sorry SoftEther, if you cannot handle signed / individual certificate authorization from an OpenVpn client, YOU ARE NOT AN OPENVPN SERVER!!!! I mean, what the F is password authorization??? it's a joke.

PLEASE REMOVE OPENVPN from your description and just stick to L2TP.

- I appreciate the free part of this software, and appreciate the authors involved and their efforts. But come on man, don't mislead the public into thinking something that you're not.
Last edited by digitalperformer on Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

sicay

Re: "SoftEther VPN Server supports only password authentication for the OpenVPN protocol."

Post by sicay » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:57 am

i just register today, got same question.
How to connect user with certificate to OPENVPN Clone Server Function?? (i setup successful with password authentication with openvpn client connect to OPENVPN Clone Server)

I can see there is a feature in UserAuthentication with certificate, picture:

But don't know how to setup it up correctly.