Azure Network to connect to SQL Server

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
henryFMS

Azure Network to connect to SQL Server

Post by henryFMS » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:47 pm

Hi All,

I have a few Virtual Machines on Azure. I have a VM with Windows 2012 R2 that is a Maintenance Server that runs some programs that can connect to a SQL Server and write a small amount of information into the database.

I would like to also have a SQL Server at our home office that the Maintenance program can write to when it's doing it's thing every 15 minutes or so. I might want to put a few more SQL Servers also at my client's to get this information as well. Nothing large will be written. We are talking a single record write.

How can I have a setup where these machines can connect to one of my VMs (preferably not the Maintenance server) through SoftEther and then my Maintenance server can write to these remote SQL servers. It would connect to them through an IP Address soft Ether gives the remote SQL Server machines.

So far I've setup SoftEther Server on a Management VM in Azure and I put a SoftEther client on my local workstation. I connect and I get an IP from the server - GREAT. However, when I try to connect to the local machine using SQL Server Management Studio, it gives me a network error. I'm doing something wrong. I took down my local Firewall. I checked all the steps to connect to SQL but not sure what is going on. Maybe SoftEther can't write from Server to Client?

Any help or push into the right direction will be appreciated.

Henry

thisjun

Re: Azure Network to connect to SQL Server

Post by thisjun » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:36 am

Does the SQL server connect to the same virtual hub?