Use SoftEther vpn session for back connection

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
iserver

Use SoftEther vpn session for back connection

Post by iserver » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:12 pm

Greeting, Dear forum members, I came to You with such a trouble: "My ISP hides clients behind the NAT, and I need to make my router visible from the internet for back connection". Now I have to use "vpnstaticip.com" service. My router creates a PPTP connection with their VPN server and receive ip like 94.229.X.X. Then DynDNS service helps me to connect back by name xxxx.dyndns.com. It works great, but costs a lot of money. I've got my own server with "Win 2003 Server" with external ip like 212.48.X.X, so I decided to create own VPN server, to use it instead of paid service. But setting Windows 2003 Server is too difficult for me, as I see, so I disabled native VPN, and decided to try SoftEther VPN server. I used manuals, to confgire it. I started a SecureNAT service, my router successfuly connects and receive internal ip like 192.168.0.X. And the main question is - Is it possible to configure SoftEther, to translate external requests to server 212.48.X.X back to router through VPN connection like "vpnstaticip.com" service does it ?

P.S Thank's for Your help and advices.

cedar
Site Admin

Re: Use SoftEther vpn session for back connection

Post by cedar » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:40 am

Did you mean that the VPN client and the VPN server sharing a same global IP address?
Of course, it's impossible to do it with all ports.
If you want to transfer only specific port, good to use ssh instead of SoftEther.

iserver

Post by iserver » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:25 pm

cedar, thanks. You're 100% right. Of course not all ports cause they are used by server. Don't You know if there is any documentation of how to use ssh in such way ? I mean - to share one ip, but use some ports like 8888 / 8887 for back connection throug vpn session to client.

raafat

Post by raafat » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:34 pm

Hello There!. do you desire to "Redirect external requests" that come to your server, which is exposed publicly, to your router that is connected to your server via a SE VPN connection because the router is behind a NATed network ?, is that it ?