SADP and Softether.

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
balegrim

SADP and Softether.

Post by balegrim » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:16 am

In this thread I'd like to request some additional functionality or examination of the software.

As I understand it softether is primarily a layer 2 VPN.

SADP is a network discovery tool for IP cameras that deeply relies on layer 2 and winpcap10 to find hikvision devices.

When I run SADP through my VPN from a remote network to my local site it SADP cannot discover any cameras at all. But SADP finds cameras just fine when I run it from a computer physically connected to the network. That tells me that something is falling short in the layer 2 emulation or that SADP cannot talk to the virtual adapter properly to find IP devices.

If a developer can tweak the code to better support SADP or tell me if I can change a setting to make it work through softether's VPN it would help me a lot with things I do for work.

I'll attach an SADP log file that I think shows where the program and adapter fail to communicate properly. Feel free to request any further logs from me about other aspects of either softether VPN or sadp. Though I'm not totally certain how getting at the logs of softether works yet and which ones would be relevant.

[attachment=0]SadpLog_1_W.log[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thisjun

Re: SADP and Softether.

Post by thisjun » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:18 am

I think your discoverer doesn't support multi-home.