how configure Softether so that client has the same public IP address as the server (like a proxy)

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
ly3too

how configure Softether so that client has the same public IP address as the server (like a proxy)

Post by ly3too » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:12 am

Hello every one,
I want to configure softether as a proxy server, so that every internet traffic from clients go through the server, and from the outside it only seems only like the server issued the connection without seeing the clients' information.
I'm complete new to softether. I have tried to configure it two ways:
1. using bridge without SecureNAT. Each client gets an ip from the same LAN as the server, and each client needs authentication to access the internet, since I have only one ip address available . This is not what I want.
2. using bridge with SecureNAT, All clients share a same LAN IP address but different from the server itself. Also not what I want.
Could you please help me out?
Best,

thisjun

Re: how configure Softether so that client has the same public IP address as the server (like a proxy)

Post by thisjun » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:46 am

Why do you use the localbridge?
Please try using SecureNAT without localbridge.
Please disable kernel-mode NAT in Extended Virtual Hub Option.

cmd wh0ami

Re: how configure Softether so that client has the same public IP address as the server (like a proxy)

Post by cmd wh0ami » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:09 pm

What does disabling kernel-mode NAT do for using SoftEther to spoof IP and location?

Ive tested using kernel-mode NAT enabled and disabled and couldn't see a difference when using Softether as a remote access server with secure NAT enabled.

The setting I did find that needed to be changes are to stop Softether from listening on port 992, 1194, and 5555 to hide those ports

and Disable UDP Aceleration in Client settings to get a MTU value of 1500 bites