I would like to seek help in my setup. I have softether server (ver 4.27, build 9666) running on a Windows Server Core 2016 VM. The VM is hosted on aws. I am running pfsense 2.4.3 at home.
Right now I would like to use the openvpn function on softether to establish a site to site connection between all VMs on AWS and computers behind my pfsense firewall.
Here's what I have done so far:
1. Create a VPC on AWS => AWS1-VNet, 172.31.0.0/16
2. Create a Subnet on AWS => AWS1Param-Subnet, 172.31.0.0/24
3. Create a VM on AWS1Param-Subnet => Windows server core 2016
4. Install Softether VPN on the VM:
- Create a hub called 'VPN'.
- Create a user on hub 'VPN' called 'testvpn'
- Enable SecureNAT:
- disable virtual NAT
- IP address is '192.168.30.1', subnet mask '255.255.255.0'
- enable DHCP, 192.168.30.10-200, default gateway and dns is 18.104.22.168
- Enable local bridge:
- virtual hub = VPN, LAN adapter = Ethernet 2 [Citrix ...]
- OpenVPN clone enabled at 1194
5. Configure OpenVPN client on my home pfsense box:
- VPN > OpenVPN > Clients
- Server mode: Peer to Peer (SSL/TLS)
- Protocol: UDP on IPv4 only
- Device: tap
- Interface WAN
- Server host: [public ip of server core vm on AWS]
- Server port: 1194
- Description: site to site with AWS1-VNet
- Username: testvpn@vpn
- Password: [reduct]
- TLS configuration: [uncheck] Use a TKS key
- Peer CA: [CA that I made with pfsense. exported to softher too]
- Client certificate: None
- Tunnel settings: [nothing]
- Gateway creation: IPv4 only
6. Interface > assignments > interface assignments
- assign a name to ovpnc1 = OVPN_AWS1
- enable interface and don't configure
7. Interface > bridges > add
- members: OVPN_AWS1 & LAN
I can now ping from any of my local LAN machine 172.31.0.1.
But I can't ping the Windows server core VM (which is at 172.31.0.16 in AWS1Param-Subnet)
The VM also cannot ping any of my local machines.
Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Do your PCs in home LAN get an IP address from the virtual DHCP server?