IP Address Issue

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
VPNPRO

IP Address Issue

Post by VPNPRO » Thu May 24, 2018 2:47 am

Dear All,

Thanks for the wonderful software!! I am not a tech guy but still find it easy using this software!

I run a small office with about 10 laptops connected to a Wifi Router. I run two major Multiuser LAN Applications which would only work on a local LAN. The issue I am having is that one of the softwares would not allow me to connect from my home through VPN. It says that I am connected to a different LAN Segment and so the license cannot be served. The problem is that my office IP addresses are in the range 192.168.1.* and softether allocates 192.168.10.* using SecureNAT. The software would only serve license to users connected on the same IP segment and subnet as per the user manual.

I cant get the Localbridge working as I use a wifi router and I cannot really connect using an Ethernet port for various reasons.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

VPNPRO

Re: IP Address Issue

Post by VPNPRO » Fri May 25, 2018 9:45 am

Guys!! any help??

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:51 am

Localbridge is a required for solving your problem.
If your AP doesn't have an Ethernet port, please use wifi Ethernet bridge equipment.

VPNPRO

Post by VPNPRO » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:12 pm

Thank you. I knew that. Just that the location of the router was not supportive of having a ethernet connection. Anyway I did manage to change the location and got it to work some time back.

VPNPRO

Post by VPNPRO » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:16 pm

Off topic here. But can anyone help me with Wake on Lan feature. Since I run a small office, I would like my server to stay off and only remotely wake it up and use it. My ISP assigns a dynamic public IP. How can I use softether here? Do I need to go in for a DDNS or is there any softether functionality that I could use.
The manual was not very eloborate.

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:15 am

Yes, please use DDNS of SoftEther or generic DDNS.