Setting up with SSL-VPN when Internet gateway is on client

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
pavel-fomin

Setting up with SSL-VPN when Internet gateway is on client

Post by pavel-fomin » Tue May 22, 2018 9:56 am

Hi all,

Have troubles in Russia with IP blockades over ranges, and many non-extremist resources are also blocked (like UPlay, part of Steam IPs, some other valuable services.....), because tey block by complete ranges like 167.99.0.0/16 or so.

And at the same time on internet provider side in Russia ONLY outgoing connections to forbidden IPs are physically blocked! Means that from all blocked IPs abroud any process/user can access any servers in Russia.

And I think - can I launch a SoftEther server in Russia, in cloud IaaS on VM for instance, - AND connect to it:
- myself with SoftEther client (my laptop, desktop, etc.) from Russia, from russian Internet provider - easy, because both a inside Russia
- my IaaS server in Germany (Digital Ocean VM) also AS client

and after - for this purpose - set up Internet gateway on Digital Ocean machine for this virtual network (consisting of 3 machines).

So, question is - can Internet connection of machine on which SoftEther client is running (not SoftEther server) be an Internet gateway for all SoftEhter clients connected to SoftEther server ??

Thank you!!

P.S. Here made a kind of explaining scheme: https://yadi.sk/i/oh03E-V83WLtEi

thisjun

Re: Setting up with SSL-VPN when Internet gateway is on client

Post by thisjun » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:25 am

I think it possible.

I recommend using SoftEther VPN bridge and SecureNAT for Germany host instead of the VPN client.