L2TP Android VPN mobile app not working on VPN

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
securityman

L2TP Android VPN mobile app not working on VPN

Post by securityman » Mon May 14, 2018 8:44 pm

I have successfully connected the softether VPN on a windows 10 machine with ports forwarded on the router (nat traversal disabled). I have connected an android phone (ver. 7 galaxy s7) locally and via mobile network L2TP tunnel. I have an application loaded on the android phone that will connect normally via Lan (IX app from aiphone). When i connect via L2TP connection on the mobile network I receive a reserved IP from my windows 2012 server DHCP server. I am not able to connect to the app when I use the intercom or master station to ring the app though through the VPN. Any suggestions on why and what I can do to test why this is happening? i can see the mobile device server on the android via VPN but cannot receive calls.

securityman

Re: L2TP Android VPN mobile app not working on VPN

Post by securityman » Mon May 14, 2018 10:41 pm

I spoke with Aiphone about the app protocols and ports. I need to send SIP via the VPN and UDP packets to the android phone client. I noticed UPD acceleration was set to no on the session. Are there firewall settings I need to adjust on the local bridge or router forwarding? I believe the local bridge handles the transfer of data but am not sure exactly the right way to correct this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thisjun

Re: L2TP Android VPN mobile app not working on VPN

Post by thisjun » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:13 am

VPN connection with L2TP/IPSec doesn't have full compatibility with Ethernet.
Could you try to use L2 mode OpenVPN?