NAT-T: Can't ping VPN server

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
rvdp88

NAT-T: Can't ping VPN server

Post by rvdp88 » Tue May 01, 2018 12:05 pm

Hi, I have a kiosk PC - on which SoftEther VPN Serever is running- and which I want to connect to remotely with a number of client PC's.
The kiosk PC is connected to the internet using a 4G mifi router and the provider has CGNAT enabled.

I've tried to set up the regular softether.net DynDNS service, as well as vpnazure.net.
Both times the VPN client is able to connect (I get a message popup saying that NAT-Traversal is enabled), but I cannot reach/ping the VPN server IP.

When checking the IP address of the SoftEther VPN adapter on the client PC, I noticed it has the autoconfiguration IP assigned...
Note that the machine running the VPN server gets an IP assigned from the 4G mifi router through DHCP without any problems.

Does anyone know what exactly goes wrong here? I believe this setup should work, despite having CGNAT enabled, right?

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks!

fivefingerdeatpunch

Re: NAT-T: Can't ping VPN server

Post by fivefingerdeatpunch » Tue May 08, 2018 8:21 am

what's the Kiosk PC's OS.? windows.?

fivefingerdeatpunch

Post by fivefingerdeatpunch » Tue May 08, 2018 9:49 am

if yes, you should add icmp from inbound rules through firewall https://imgur.com/zUyZpm9

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Wed May 23, 2018 7:39 am

Does the kiosk PC connect to the virtual hub?