Softether configurations as a database

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
moatazelmasry

Softether configurations as a database

Post by moatazelmasry » Fri May 20, 2016 7:29 pm

Hi all,

I was wondering how salable softether is. For once the configurations can not be shared among many instances of softether (I'm aware of softether cluster). Also having all the configurations in one file is probably a bottleneck if you have a huge userbase with a large amount of configuration.

One argument against clustering is for example the absence of l2tp capability. At the moment I'm solving this problem by having many instances mounting an nfs partition and all pointing to the same configuration file.

My question is, are there any plans to have the softether configurations into a database instead of a file, or are there any ongoing projects that I might be able to contribute to?

thisjun

Re: Softether configurations as a database

Post by thisjun » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:39 am

SoftEther sometime writes configuration.
So, your nfs idea can fail when conflict writing.

moatazelmasry

Re: Softether configurations as a database

Post by moatazelmasry » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:40 pm

Yes of course it will lead to conflicts. I guess I missed that

Ok the other suggestion for the moment, is to have one read/write instance where the configurations are changed. Then each hour or so, the configuration is copied to all other servers and the servers are restarted

Still.. back to the original question. Are there any plans or would it make sense to move some of the softether configurations to a database?