How to avoid ISP throttling

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
AntiThrottle

How to avoid ISP throttling

Post by AntiThrottle » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:01 pm

Hi guys,
Ive used SoftEther since Oct 2014. I manage to get connected to a VPN server and running annonymously without any throttling from my ISP. I do a lot of torrent downloads. But as of today,my connection speed are much slower than before.(got the feeling that im being throttled). So when i run a dns leak test from dnsleaktest.com,sure enough i found out that indeed my test came out with my ISP's server instead of the VPN server that im connected to.Can anyone help me on how to avoid this from happening? Appreciate the help guys.

Nemesiz

Re: How to avoid ISP throttling

Post by Nemesiz » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:10 pm

After you connect to VPN server what your DNS address is set to?

AntiThrottle

Post by AntiThrottle » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:11 am

From the screenshots can u i see anything that im missing in the config that enables the ISP to throttle my connection.Previously it was ok but now it seems like ive been detected by them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AntiThrottle

Post by AntiThrottle » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:16 am

Is it because of my config or is it from the SoftEther VPN side?

Nemesiz

Post by Nemesiz » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:51 am

For your wireless adapter set up DNS address from obtain automatically to manually 8.8.8.8 address.

Can you print your routing table (route print -4)?

AntiThrottle

Post by AntiThrottle » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:27 am

Thank u Nemesiz for being such a big help in trying to help me out with my problem. Really appreciate it.I have finally found the root of the problem.My dns was leaked not because of the software but merely bcz of the hardware from my new TP-Link Wireless N Adapter TL-WN821N that i just bought.Previously i was using a DLink Wireless G Adapter DW110 and everything was fine until i upgraded.So now whenever i use the new wireless N adapter i would just have to manually key in a new dns address which is 10.211.254.254 and leak no more :-)