How to enable Certificate Authentication

SoftEther VPN に関するご質問はこのフォーラムにお気軽にご投稿ください。
Donguri

How to enable Certificate Authentication

Post by Donguri » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:23 am

Could anyone please tell me how to enable Individual Certificate Authorization on SoftEther VPN Server? Running SoftEther 4.10 build 9473 on a Centos 6.5 64bit box.
When I set up a user with Individual Certificate Authorization, ServerManager goes through the motions, only to tell me at the end that certificate authorization has not been implemented yet. Vpncmd takes all the info, uploads the key, only to say in the end:

"Error occurred. (Error code: 143)
The Certificate Authentication function and the External Server Authentication function have not been implemented on the open-source version of SoftEther VPN yet. Choose either Anonymous Authentication or Password Authentication instead."
In both cases, the user with Individual Certificate Authorization is not created.
I understand that there have been legal issues before that blocked this functionality. However, the docs say that RSA certificate user authentication (and more) have been implemented since SoftEther VPN 4.06 Build 9430 (Beta) (March 20, 2014). I also understand there has been a China issue. I am not using the software in China, but in Japan.

I built the software from softether-vpnserver-v4.10-9473-beta-2014.07.12-linux-x64-64bit.tar.gz
I also compiled it from source at http://jp.softether-download.com/files/ ... eta.tar.gz

In both cases, the result is the same:

"Error occurred. (Error code: 143)
The Certificate Authentication function and the External Server Authentication function have not been implemented on the open-source version of SoftEther VPN yet. Choose either Anonymous Authentication or Password Authentication instead."

I use key-based authorization for all my machines, and I think it is the minimum of security. Passworded access simply is too weak these days.

Please help, or please tell me that Certificate Authentication is not implemented, despite what the docs say.

Thank you!

(As similar question was posted at http://www.vpnusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3672 . It did not get an answer.)