prevent real ip is revealed after disconnecting server how?

Post your questions about VPN Gate Academic Experiment Service here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
placidomaio

prevent real ip is revealed after disconnecting server how?

Post by placidomaio » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:35 pm

How can I prevent it from being shown my true IP after a server vpngate of disconnects?
Often the connection to a server disconnects and the browser continues to sail with my real IP how can I avoid this and not show my real IP?

There is a secure solution that prevents my browser to navigate without vpngate or totally blocks the connection in the event that a server vpngate disconnects?

I need a solution to protect my real ip when VPN connection fails (like kill connection, ip bind or similar solution)

Thanks for help

Best regards

BoredAus

Re: prevent real ip is revealed after disconnecting server h

Post by BoredAus » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:06 am

There are no real easy ways to prevent your real IP from being revealed after you have been disconnected from the VPN server. That said, there might be programs that may alarm you when you lose your connectivity. Depending on how they are made your outcomes will vary.

BoredAus

Post by BoredAus » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:07 pm

I stand corrected then. Nice find, too bad it was developed mainly for windows.

Mimori Togo

Post by Mimori Togo » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:40 am

The problem is that you won't really want your browser to just abruptly close in your face when the connection is dropped, because you might have been in the middle of doing something and you'd want to be able to just resume it seamlessly after connection is re-established.

So what to do? The solution is you get a proxy program like Privoxy. Run privoxy on your localhost. Then, configure browser to connect through privoxy on '127.0.0.1:8118', or whatever port you set up in privoxy main configuration file.

Then afterwards, configure VPNwatcher to kill 'privoxy' process whenever 'VPN Client Adapter - VPN - Packet Scheduler Miniport' is closed down.

This way, whenever the VPN fails, privoxy dies immediately, and your browser will give you the 'proxy server is not responding' message, and your IP will not leak. But you won't lose whatever work you were doing in the browser, because the browser is still open.