just connected, can my pc/server accessed from intenet ?

Post your questions about VPN Gate Academic Experiment Service here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
BoredAus

Re: just connected, can my pc/server accessed from intenet ?

Post by BoredAus » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:22 am

This thread should probably go into SoftEther VPN part of the forum.

For starters, that IP address is an internal IP. Think of it as a LAN/WAN going through a router for instance. From there on the connection gets masqueraded/NAT into an external IP.

Whether or not are you allowed to run servers using VPNGate volunteer's server heavily depends on their conditions. In addition, whether or not will your server be accessible worldwide depends on the VPNGate host's connectivity with the rest of the world.

It is possible in theory to set a server up and have it connected through via VPNGate provided that the two aforementioned conditions are met but you also need the knowledge of networking.

The philosophy of VPNGate project was mainly intended to liberate people from countries with censored internet/network and to provide people access to overseas websites mainly. In other words, it was intended for web browsing. To host something on a volunteer's connection I am sure is asking too much for what is already a free service based on volunteers dedicating their machine/connection to others. You are probably better off investing an offshore hosting provider which would do more to offer you whatever you want to achieve rather than piggybacking on mainly a home connection that one has to maintain with their own money for the upkeep.